Monday, October 29, 2012

His secret identity is Elder Dickson

"Who are you?"
"I'm Batman!"

Hey, Family!
First off, thanks for the super awesome Halloween package! It was so great, and right on time, lol! Now I got candy and money (the things of greatest worth). Tanks a bundle! You guys rock!
My week:
Wednesday we picked up a new investigator named Keith who the Web Bridge Elders met; he's a nice guy, and is big into God, but not so much organized religion; he wasn't able to make it to church this week, but he promised for next week, and we are meeting him again this coming Wed., so cross your fingers!
Sunday was pretty good; there was a primary program, and we had a lot of less-actives come out of the woodwork to Gospel Principles, which is always welcome, lol! We usually go into Priests Quorum instead of Elders, so we can get to know the youth and help them with mission prep (since they have a lot less time to prepare lol. Speaking of which, how is Devo's and Shelbster's prep going?) The Priests Quorum rocks here; they organized there own Preach My Gospel study class, taught by themselves. We went and gave a small presentation; the kids here are so fun and cool and I hope we can persuade some of the not-so-sure ones to go on missions.
We did a ton of biking this week, bounty-hunting and trying to find people; not much yet, but a lot more than Jackson, that's for sure! More to report as things progress; Mandi's boyfriend has been sick so nothing has happened with that for now.
The past few months has absolutely flown by; I feel like Independence Day was just a week ago (except it wasn't)! After I got over the hump (one year in the mission field) the time has been slipping through my fingers; AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well.
Holidays for me are conflicting; I love the spirit of Christ and the fun and the goodies, but no one wants to be bothered during the holidays, so the work is super slow. Still, I am way looking forward to the best part of the holidays, which is calling y'all on Skype! I hope I am here in John's Creek still when it happens, the is a very high percentage of people here who probably have Skype than in say Jackson lol.
Funny thing about the BYU game... going back to when Elder Rogers (my companion, who is a big BYU fan) first got to the mission he talked to President Wolfert about the BYU-Tech game. President Wolfert talked to BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe and was going to get tickets for us all to go and was getting things set up... and the Brethren told him that we couldn't go, because it is out of our mission boundaries. The temple is out of our boundaries too, the chances of getting to go the the game when we can't even go to the temple were very slim... the missionaries you saw at the game were GAM elders (Georgia Atlanta Missionaries, not Atlanta North)... they got to go. Not that I'm bitter about that or anything...
I was so happy to hear about the Cougars, though; sounds the they smashed GT; apparently BYU's defense is unbeatable and the Cougs have a new young running back that just ran all over Tech. What was his name again? It's been weird not knowing BYU's roster by heart anymore lol; maybe Deverino can fill me in... ol buddy ol pal!
Go Nebraskaaaaa!!a!
I'm so happy to hear about y'all going to the temple and helping the missionaries and getting involved in the new ward; none of this stuff (especially missionary opportunities) happened much in good ol' Utah; I loved our old ward back home, but it sounds like this has been good for y'all and I'm excited to hear more about yawls adventures! How is school, kiddos? How's sports? How's life in Nebraskaaaa?
I have only made cookies once since being out here; it's just not the same. And it's a bit outside the missionary budget to buy separate ingredients that are used only for cookies pretty much lol. Though since I gots the green now I might just make some during the Christmas Holidays!
I forget a lot about the last Harry Potter movie, since I only saw it once; still glad I could see it, though. The first movie we are watching is Avengers, then Batman, then Hobbit if it's out on DVD then, THEN we can get into Harry Potter, lol!
That's been my struggle my whole mission; some days, I am so absorbed in what I am doing or who I am teaching that I forget I haven't been a missionary all my life! Other days (more recently, unfortunately, I have been thinking of home... I have more dreams about being home than I ever have before (which is funny, since I'm not going home... not really... lol ;)); and since both Elder Rogers and I enjoy superheroes and Star Wars, we both have been chatting it up about movies and video games we have missed and will watch/play when we get back. I have been easily distracted lately, and it's been bugging me, but I know that this work is far more important than anything that man has made back home, and that I can most certainly wait another 9 months (as of this past Saturday). I can't possibly conceive any video games or movies that can compete with the experiences I have had! The church is true, the book is blue, and God is a Mormon!
I miss y'all so much, and I look forward to seeing everyone all together this time! It makes me so happy to hear y'all having fun together and living life and representing the Dickson clan in Nebraskaaa!
Thanks for being the best family ever! Take luck!
 
Love,
Elder Casey Guy Dickson
Just acting like a kid.
Sad wolf-missionary.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Casey Guy Dickson

Casey Guy Dickson
Called to serve in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission (July 2011 to July 2013)