Monday, January 23, 2012

More from Georgia, the land of roadkill and roaches!


 
Hola, Familia!
Things are great in the land of roadkill and roaches (sorry, but I have never seen so much of either in my life till i got here!). Let's see:
This week was a little slower; the weather has been terrible, so we almost can't go out and drive, things are so wet!
We played b-ball this last Monday, which is always fun! Later we went to go see a member who has recently returned to church, but she wasn't home. We went to go see another member in that neighborhood, and there she was! She was throwing this other member (her boyfriend) a birthday party, and we accidentally crashed it. Whoops! They invited us to stay and help them eat all the food, so we did lol! I hear rumors they are getting engaged soon; I hope so, they are good for each other.
Tuesday we went to the church during youth night to set up appointments; pretty much all the numbers on the roster are wrong, so are working with one of the ward missionaries to figure out who's number is wrong and fix it. Anyway, it means we usually can't get a hold of anyone by phone; they never call us back, so we catch them at church lol. Anyway, it was fun; we played b-ball with the young men and showed them how to ball lol!
Wednesday and Friday we were at the Ric Rack again; there are a lot of fun people who volunteer there, who are always glad to see us and talk with us. It's good to help so many people out. We also saw the Bowers Wednesday; her sister is an investigator of ours, who has decided to get baptized! Yay! She is still praying about a date; the suspense is killing me!
Thursday we had a good chili dinner at a members house, who are LOADED. They all have I-Pads and phones and such; plus, they make all kinds of crazy donations around the county; they're way awesome!
Friday and Saturday were slower; we saw the Steffins, the Hilchies, etc. and weekly planned, which is kind of long but very important and effective.
Sunday was very good; Brother Sandoz (The Great One) and his wife gave a talk; both of which were very inspiring. There was also a beautiful musical number by the sister of a Sister in the ward; she sang Come Thou Fount, which has become my new favorite song since I've been out. Did you know it used to be in the hymnal? It was accidentally left out when they were redone several years ago. Check it out, it is such a great song!
That's about all that happened this past week; today we went with the Ward Mission Leader and His Wife to a German or Bolivian (not sure which) town square in Helen; we had a very tasty lunch there, then went to see a beautiful waterfall nearby (I forget the name). It was very cool; we also stopped by Ingles to get some groceries, and the Kings (the WML and his wife) offered (or more like forced us) to let him buy our stuff. How cool is that?
Anyway, that was all I did so far. How are y'all?
Hey, Shelby! Tough luck about basketball, that really sucks. But I'm glad you are seeing the positives of it and focusing on school; I should have done that more. Anyway, Go T-Wolves Varsity! You're getting your permit!? Uh oh (I'm just teasing)! I remember when I left it was Devin that was getting his permit; time really does fly by! I'm glad you are doing well, and I miss teasing you; I'll just have to drive my companion crazy instead lol! You're smart and fun and I know you can handle anything that comes your way! BBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi, Mom! How are ya?! I'm sorry to hear about the soph. team; there is not a lot you can really do about it. I hope you aren't thinking it is your fault; It's just one of those things were people's priorities need to be straightened out. If there is one thing I have learned on my mission, is that you can't control someone's agency lol. Sometimes we do all we possibly can to present the Gospel to them, and the spirit is there, and they still don't get it. All roads in life are two-way streets, and sometimes we don't always meet in the middle. You did all you could, and we all are proud of you and love you. Whatever happens, as long as you do everything on your end, God will always meet you in the middle and make things work out. LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE U!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey, bro, what's a happenin'? Good luck with church ball and T-wolf ball; no one's a match for Devin Jimmer Dickson!! Baller!! Sorry about losing to Mtn. View, but you can't win them all. Take what you learned from it and move on. Oh, and for the record, I NEVER took Sci-Fi at Timp.; I took Film Literature. I wanted to take Sci-Fi, but didn't have room for it. Not my fault. Still love ya and miss ya tons!! Did you get SWTOR downloaded? If not, the first free month is over, so you'll have to wait or get a job and pay it for yourself lol.

Hi, Grandpa and Grannie Shiela! Miss ya!
Hey, Aunt Darcell! Thanks for the pictures of Rebecca; she's still as good lookin' as her cousin! Love all y'all!
Hi, Aunt Nina! How are ya? Did my letter make it to you yet? have you moved yet? What's a happenin'? Miss ya!
The church is true, the book is blue, and God is a Mormon!

Love,
Elder Casey Guy Dickson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Casey Guy Dickson

Casey Guy Dickson
Called to serve in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission (July 2011 to July 2013)