Monday, January 9, 2012

It's Monday, so that must mean another letter from Elder Dickson!

Elder Dickson and friends at the mission Christmas Party in December
!Hola, Familia!
Good to hear from y'all! First off, I'm doing awesome! How are y'all doing? That missionary you are asking about is Elder Youd. He went to Timpanogos with me (he was a year ahead of me). He is the older brother of Kylee's (my ex-girlfriend) best friend, McKayla. Try figuring that one out. Anyway, he is a way cool kid, really funny. I'm glad he's doing alright, and hopefully he can make it back out here.
Go T-wolves! And go Cougars! Sounds like our teams are doing well.
I didn't know there was going to be another Mission Impossible, that's cool. Destroy in Churchball, bro! Teach me how to Jimmer!
Hey, Missy! I'm glad you are thinking about going about going on a mission; we need a lot more sister missionaries, they are very spiritual and are easier for people to talk to then elders lol. Make sure that you really think about it, read your scriptures, and pray to your Father in Heaven for what you should do. I think you would be a great missionary, but you never know what God will have in store for you. But the fact that you are willing and are thinking about it is so cool!
Devin, on the other hand; you go on a mission for sure, or I'll beat you up when I get back lol jk.
Good luck with b-ball and personal progress, Shelby! You too, Mom; coach those girls to victory!
Anyway, this week was better than the last; things are pretty slow over the holidays, no one is home or wants to be bothered.
Played some pretty intense b-ball games this and last Monday; we've played a lot the past couple p-days; maybe I'll get good at ballin' eventually lol.
Tuesday we had District Meeting, where I gave a lesson on extending commitments then following up on them out of Preach My Gospel (if you have one, Devin, read it! Everything is in there! If you don't have one, get one!). Then we met with some people who are actually in our apartment complex; one is a guy who loves talking about religion, another is a recent convert recently moved from Utah who wants to come back to church. Yay!
Wednesday and Friday we were at the Ric Rack again; it was our churches turn to volunteer, so there were a lot of members there this time; it was a blast! We also taught our top investigator Wed.; he is the boyfriend of one of the girls in the ward, and he has accepted a baptismal date! Yay! 
The one fly in the ointment this week was another one of our investigators said to us he wasn't ready to be baptized and says he thinks we need to take a break. We made sure he knew we weren't going to pressure him, but he should ask God before making any rash decisions. He got him to pray aloud with us for the first time, so hopefully that is a step in the right direction, and he'll have us over again. 
Saturday was a little slower; no one was really home, but we had the opportunity to offer our services to a member (a single mother) and we helped her paint her bedroom. It was a lot of fun! She is a really funny and awesome lady, and i was glad we could save her a couple hundred bucks by doing it ourselves rather than her paying for it to be done professionally (it might have turned out better if she did, though lol). 
Sunday was great; we had three of our investigators there, and some less-actives! It was a good testimony meeting as well; nothing builds your testimony like hearing someone Else's. We also had a good Gospel Principles lesson about Obedience. I just enjoyed it all around; I get so much more out of Sundays than I used to; I can't get enough of it now! 
We also had a good Fast Sunday brunch with the Hohman's, some pretty cool members of the ward. We had a great Gospel of Christ lesson with them, and we all came away better than before! 
Today I'm just tired; basketball is really the only cardio I'm getting now, so I'm wiped. I think I'll wrap this up with a nice bow by saying I love you all so much and I do miss y'all but I'm doing too much work to think about it a lot. I hope this e-mail finds everyone well! The church is true, the book is blue, and God is a Mormon! 
 
Love, Elder Casey Guy Dickson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Casey Guy Dickson

Casey Guy Dickson
Called to serve in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission (July 2011 to July 2013)