Monday, July 23, 2012

Mission life with Elder Indy

My very own street!

This is Elder Indy.
 
Hola, Familia!
How is everyone? Things have certainly been interesting this past week; My new companion, Elder Indriamiarina (try to say that fives times fast) is pretty darn awesome! He is always happy, which is refreshing. I have learned a lot about Madagascar from him; did you know that Madagascar has it's own president? I didn't. French is there second language there, after Madagasy, so he can speak 3 languages! He had to learn english in the MTC; he does a great job! His speaking is just fine, he just struggles a little bit with understanding others; not enough to hinder him, though! This is the first time I have been the area senior (the missionary in the companionship that has the most experience in that area, timewise); it's been tricky, but it all works out.
Not too much this week otherwise; took Elder Hansen around to say his goodbyes, then dropped him off Wed and picked up Elder Indy (that's what our branch president calls him). Got both Author and an elderly less-active Sister Cox to church; always sorta tricky, but we got them rides there and back, and all is well. President Marchman took us out to eat a few times this week, and also to see less-actives. He also wants to go tracting with us, which is awesome! We need to find new people to teach. Most of this coming wek will probably be spent tracting and finding and street contacting.
That's about it for now. Sorry for the short letter this week.
What is everyone up to? I got Dad's e-mail about the move going down today; I hope it all works out for y'all. Wish I could help. Kind of sad to leave that house, but I know all will be well. Write me and e-mail me when everything is said and done; I want to know what happens. Love you all, running out of time, Take Luck!
Love,
Elder Casey Guy Dickson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Casey Guy Dickson

Casey Guy Dickson
Called to serve in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission (July 2011 to July 2013)