Monday, June 25, 2012

Wassssupppp!

Elder Dickson along with Elder Hansen, his new companion.
 
Hey family!
Short letter today. Not too much has happened here yet. My new area is kind like Conyers; the people are friendly, but not that interested in missionaries lol. Just like Conyers, there is a large population of African-Americans down here, and it's so fun! It's a different culture, but I've really come to love it! The work is kind of slow here; we really only have 1 gator with a date; a guy named Author (that's right, Author. I love it) who has come to church several times, but is still working on quitting smoking. Everyone else is hard to get a hold of, or else they are hot and cold with us. It'll be tough, but I've been having a blast, and I know success will come; through my faith, diligence, and heed, I will be lead to the more fertile parts of the land!
Elder Hansen, my comp., is pretty cool; he also enjoys Star Wars and superheroes, and is big into paintballing! He's kind of quiet, but has really opened up the past few weeks; he just got done being trained when I got here, but he is already a far better missionary than me. We also share the appartment with Elder Everett (our fearless district leader) and Elder Boman (who shares my love for quoting and singing Disney!) who work in Jackson Outer, and have a car; they are both pretty fun, and are easy to work with.
Saturday is was over 100 degrees, with high humidity; I just about died. Didn't help that we were doing a huge service project that day lol. My neck and arms are all sunburned. The weather is SLIGHTLY cooler than it was; 90 something, but July is supposed to be even worse. Yikes! If Mom thinks the humidity is bad in Nebraska, she would die in Georgia! I hear Florida is even worse than here.
The gospel is true!
Love,
Elder Casey Guy Dickson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Casey Guy Dickson

Casey Guy Dickson
Called to serve in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission (July 2011 to July 2013)