Thursday, September 20, 2012

Is it 'Book of Mormons' or 'Books of Mormon'?

These three pictures are a running joke in the mission; in Georgia (and in most states, I'm assuming), there is a minimum amount of sidewalk required in places deemed necessary to have them; of course, no one wants to spend a lot of money on sidewalks, so there are a lot of sidewalks left painfully unfinished. As a wise Elder I was knew said, "Georgia has the appearance of sidewalks, but denies the power thereof."


Hey, Howdy, Hey!
How are the Dicksons?
Sorry this is so late; computers went down again on Monday before I finished, and they just got back up today. Thanks for the package! I got it yesterday, it made my day! I am kinda low on food and money, so that gift was a real blessing, lol! Thanks so much, Mom, for giving me your scriptures to borrow, that really touched me. Thanks for being the best Mom EVER! And Devin's package will be on it's way by this weekend, so hopefully it will get there by his birthday; Happy Early Birthday, Deverino!
My week has been good; kinda same ol' same ol'. We continue to help Author out with his smoking and such, and he has been participating in class more; I hope we can keep this up till December when something clears up. Some of our other gators have dropped us, so we are looking for new ones! We are here for the elect, and God will point us the way, through our faith, diligence, and heed!
We did some service with a potential gator of Jackson Outer; we transplanted his vegetables to a different part of the garden, after we tilled it and mulched it. He is a way funny guy, but not super interested at the moment; I have hope for him, though! Had dinner with the Joneses, who are a way awesome family! Brother Jones is in the stake, and his wife is our relief society president! Her kids are some of the few that actually participate in class or in missionary work, so that's a blessing! We have dinner again with them on Saturday!
Today I am on an exchange with Elder Everett, our District Leader; he's from California (Northern, I think; by the bay area) and he loves baseball like no body's business! He's a good kid, and he's good at contacting, which is something I still struggle with. Elder I is with Elder Boman (my Disney enthusiast counterpart); we'll switch back at dinner.
We have been doing a LOT of tracting lately; it's the least effective way to find, but it's really the only option we have here at the moment; I know God will lead us to those who are prepared!
I have been reading the Book of Mormon a lot lately; I had forgotten how much great stuff is in there! Our Mission President's wife, Sister Wolfert, commissioned us to read it through again, and remember why we have it. I bear my testimony about the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon; I know it's true because I asked God if it was, and that's the only way we can know of anything! I truly believe in the verse that says, "If ye believe in Christ, ye shall believe these words, for they are the words of Christ. (2 Nephi 33:10-12)." I also take it from Elder Holland's great-grandfather, "No wicked man could right such a book as this, and no good man would right it, unless it were true, and he were commanded of God to do so. (Safety for the Soul, Nov 2009 Conference Ensign)." How could it not be true? Who could honestly read it, and not wonder how a young farm boy could write such a complex yet elegantly simple book that does not conflict with the Bible in anyway? I know it's from God, and I know that since the Book of Mormon is true, Jesus is the Christ, Joseph Smith was his prophet and revelator in these last days, and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord's kingdom, preparatory for the second coming of the Messiah (Introduction to the Book of Mormon, last paragraph.). I would ask you all to, if you are not already, read the Book of Mormon together as a family, and individually, and discover once again why it is true and why we need it in these, the last days. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Anyway, how are y'all?
I hope work works out for everyone! I'm so glad Mom got a job (Go Mom!), and that Devin and Shelby are working (represent! Love you guys!)
Go, Cornhuskers (that's still weird to say, by the way...)! I heard about the BYU game from Brother Jones, that really sucks :(. I hope that BYU can start doing well again, I was getting used to it lol. Still love you, BYU! Dominate!   
Is this the same ward Dad has been attending since he got to Nebraskaaaa? It's fun to hear about the callings, since I am more involved with the leadership now lol!
Thanks for the package, and all y'all have done, are doing, and I know will do for me while I am in Georgia; it means a lot! It's so great that Mom and Dad made the wonderful decision to be sealed, and to have us kids; it means we will always be together! I love you so much, and appreciate the examples you all set for me to be better! Take luck!
Love, Your Grown Up Son/Older Brother/favorite person in the world,
Elder Casey Guy Dickson

Elder Boman and Elder Rinlausbaucher (probably misspelled) with the capes Elder Boman's sister sent him, lol. Elder Bauch (that's what I call him), was on an exchange with Elder Boman for the day; he was a funny kid!
Yours truly looking impressive, as always lol!

My family should be able to guess which movies these quotes are from (except for the first; that's an [Elder Dickson] original!):
1. Holy crap, where'd the freakin' sidewalk go?!
2. NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. Darn you; darn you all to heck
4. I'm lost! Where's the line?
5.WWWWHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
6. Blast you Who's!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Casey Guy Dickson

Casey Guy Dickson
Called to serve in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission (July 2011 to July 2013)