Monday, September 10, 2012

Do you like this color?

The new mission vehicle. Pretty fancy, huh?
 
Hey, howdy, hey!
How's the Dickson bunch? What's new in Nebraskaaaaaa lol? Write me or e-mail me!
Anyway, this week:
Tuesday we pretty much got our parade rained on... literally lol! It has raining so hard and fast we had to seek shelter for a while lol. Puts a damper on your day when that happens (do do, tss!). Wednesday we also almost got rained out, but like studs we trugged on through it! Saw a gator who had disappeared for a while, but he was little drunken with wine, so we'll come back another day.
Thursday we had an awesome italian dinner with the Sherwoods (Sister Sherwood is a tremendous cook!) and talked to a lot of people while walking around.
This Sunday was stake conference, so we got a ride down to Jonesboro, and had a pretty sweet conference! Our mission president and his wife were there, and they spoke, as well as people from the stake, and a spanish lady who just got sealed to her family (my friend Elder Sarniguet translated for her), and a guy from Haiti or somewhere; he spoke french, just like Elder I! They had fun conversing afterwards... I also loved stake conference because I got to see people from the Conyers ward, and missionaries I haven't seen in a while. Author and his girlfriend came as well (we got a ride for them); they loved it, even though stake conferences feel kind of long, since you are sitting still for 2 hours. Author has come a long way, but there are circumstances outside our control that prevent him from being baptized this month; if fact, it looks like maybe December. Still, I love the big guy; he's fun to teach because he loves God and Jesus so much, and there is no room for doubt in his mind about their existence, which is cool to see.
Today I have been writing letters like crazy to people, trying to get some mail lol! Some might come your way!
That's about it for Jackson. The area is still just okay; not too much to report, but I know God sent me here for a reason, and I'm going to find it! Or them, rather lol. We did talk to plenty of people this week, but we are still waiting for the return appointment to see if they are golden or not. Still, I love it and wouldn't want to be doing anything else!
Yay! Devin and Shelby finally got jobs! Good for you, I've always wanted to work at Papa Murphy's; do y'all get discounts or anything? Cause that would be awesome! 
How goes it, Deverino? How's school, life, work? Hope all your wildest dreams come true! I am collecting the contents for your package, so look for it at the end of the month lol! Stay classy.
Glad Mom got a job, but still hope a better one comes along the way. Hugs and kisses, Mommy!  
Hey, Missy! How's school and volleyball and work and life lol? Where are y'all camping at for the Daddy/Daughter? I miss camping, and football too for that matter. But it'll be there when I get back lol. Love you lots!
I hope y'all are doing okay in Nebraska; change is difficult, and that's the problem here too, with missionary work; most people, especially me, hate leaving their comfort zone, but it's the only way we grow. A lot of times, if fact, most of the times, God's plan for us is very different from the plan we want lol! Something I have learned out here (I don't remember who said it lol) is that prayer is not trying to change God's will, but to find out what God's will is, and be at peace with that. It tries our patience and commitment, but it makes us better if we let it. Let God guide you, and you can't go wrong!
I love my Savior and My Heavenly Father more than life itself, and I do my best to please them each and every day.
Tah-tah for now! Take luck!
Love,
Elder Casey Guy Dickson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Casey Guy Dickson

Casey Guy Dickson
Called to serve in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission (July 2011 to July 2013)