Monday, November 14, 2011

Short but sweet from Casey in Georgia

If I only had a brain ... (That's a "Miss Congeniality" reference)
Hey, what's up, everyone!
Things are pretty great here in my new area. . . Dahlonega! It's way country out here, and there are pretty much no blacks here, which is really different from my last area. I'm in the Sugar Hill Zone, which is closer to the top of Georgia and near the top of our mission boundaries. I've been here since Wednesday, and have spent most of the time driving around, visiting members, less-actives, and former investigators in the area. Not a ton of luck so far, but we are working on it! We met this guy, who is a recent convert, and his parents the day we got here. His parents were vaguely interested, but they ended up coming to church with their son yesterday! There may be something there!
Elder Harper is a good guy; he enjoys BYU football like I do, so we are getting along pretty well so far. He just got back from knee surgery, but is fit enough to do missionary work; he just can't ride a bike or lift anything heavy yet. It's pretty nice to have a car, because things are pretty spread out here! We are near the mountains here (which are more like hills when you compare them to ours lol) so it is pretty hilly.
Did BYU win? I haven't heard anything about them. I did hear about the TCU Boise State game. Holy Cow! Good job, Nebraska; looks like they are keeping you in a job lol. 
I hope you get enough girls to come out and play ball, Mom and Shelby; Dad told me you guys may not have enough to play. It would be a bummer not to have a team. Go T-wolves! 
Good job in making the Sophmore team assistant! It's great to be involved in something with friends. You're a stud, Double D!  
I miss y'all, but I know I'm here for a reason, and that reason is good. Things will be different here than my last area, but it is where the Lord needs me to be. 
My e-mails will be a little shorter; the library I am e-mailing at has a timer of 45 minutes, so I'm typing really fast! Let me just say that I love y'all and miss y'all, and I hope things are going well for y'all! 
Hope work goes good, Mom. Feed the missionaries! 
Love, 
Elder Casey Guy Dickson

1 comment:

  1. The south is awesome. I loved living in south Carolina. Just a note, African American is a little more pc than "blacks"

    ReplyDelete

Casey Guy Dickson

Casey Guy Dickson
Called to serve in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission (July 2011 to July 2013)