Monday, October 24, 2011

Talking to yourself is only crazy if you answer ...

You want to do what?

Elder Nielsen and Elder Dickson

What a handsome lad!

 
!Hola, Familia! ?Como estas? Everything is just fine and dandy here in the land of biscuits and gravy! We had a fantastic Sunday this week; combined with the other elders in our ward, we had 14 investigators at church! Holy cow! There was a family of 5 that we ran into the other day; another was a single woman referred to us by a member, and the others were families that the other guys are teaching. How awesome is that? There was also some really awesome talks by some recent converts; their talks had a lot of power and spirit of experience. The young women gave a lovely musical number (Guardians of Virtue), and we sang one of my favorite songs to close: How Great thou Art! What a great song! Oh, also, we (the four missionaries) somehow got roped into singing A Child's Prayer in primary for sharing time; the spirit was definitely there to help us (we needed it!). We had some investigators come late; the mom was sick, but still got up and came, which is pretty cool. It was just a good day all around! Today has started off pretty good too; we had Cracker Barrel with the other Elders and then went to play board games with a special needs kid who the other Elders are best friends with. We played Uno Spin; it was way fun! Not as fun as Wahoo though. Oh, the other Elders have a baptism this coming Saturday! Sweet! They are baptizing this girl who came to conference with her member friends and loved it! She asked if she could get baptized as the Sunday afternoon session ended; awesome! She is way legit; her mom and sisters are leaning towards baptism as well, so wish the other elders luck! The family that came to church we met while heading to see someone else in the neighborhood. The mom asked us what church we were from; when we told her, she said, "I'm a member of your church!" Turns out she got married at our building and was attending about 5 years ago. Her husband was taking the lessons and got baptized, but she didn't, so she isn't actually a member. She is now divorced to that husband and is engaged to another man, but not married yet; she has a daughter who is 7, and her parents are giving them a place to stay while her fiance recovers from a stroke. Kind of a long, sticky situation; but it was because of their humility that she decided she wanted to come back to church, and have the lessons again so they can all get baptized. That's pretty dang cool! I'm glad the Lord put us in her path so we could help her. We have to get her married first, then we could baptize them, so we are working on that first. They loved church and everything about it, though. I'm excited for them! That other lady who was referred to us is a Muslim, but her father gave her permission to investigate if she wants. She loved church and everything about it, so we'll swing by tomorrow and see what we can do. Awesome! Our other investigators are doing OK as well; that family I keep talking about is still on hold as the mom continues to study and pray about joining the church. They still haven't been to a sacrament meeting (which is the reason we go to church in the first place), so we are trying to get her to one. We also discovered she hasn't been reading the Book of Mormon, so we got to encourage her to get a testimony of it. The kids still want to get baptized, but if the mom doesn't, there is a strong chance of inactivity happening. We want to have the whole family benefit from the blessings that come from baptism and having the Holy Ghost and such. Other than that, the work goes great! Tons of people are asking missionaries and members alike about the Mormon.org commercials, which is AWESOME! They work really well; it gets connects the word Mormon with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, which is all we ask. Baptisms are nice to, though.
Go Cougars! And go T-wolves! Dad has been telling me about them,
and it sounds like they are doing well. I'm pretty dang nervous about the chance that I'm training, but I know I need it. It is an opportunity to serve and have a greater responsibility. I hope I stay in this area, though; I know I'll have to leave eventually, but I have made some great friends here in the ward, and a lot of our investigators are soooooooooooooooo close; I feel like I still have work to do here, but I'll go wherever the Lord needs me. So, Devin: how is school? How is football? How is everything? Let me know what is going down with TOR. I heard from a kid in the ward their is going to be a Kung Fu Panda cartoon on Nick, so look for it and let me know if it's any good. So, Shelby: how is school and volleyball? What's up and down and sideways with ya? So, Mom: how is work and volleyball and the 9th ward doing? I heard about the Bishopric change; sounds like it'll be a good one. Say hi to Bishop Fitzgerald and Bro. Herrick and Bro. McDonald and Bro. Dowd and all the kids I taught in Primary as well. Eric wrote me; how cool is that? I just sent his letter, so I hope he gets it soon! I'm writing you a letter this week, so watch for it. I heard I have a package, but since it was sent by UPS they can't forward it to my apartment, so someone with a car will have to go get it from the mission office when they go up there sometime. If it's from you, thanks! I don't know what it could be (I hope it's candy!). The weather has been soooooooooooooo much better; it's even cool enough to wear a long sleeve all day, which is good and bad. I need to buy some one long sleeve shirts; I only have 2. I gotta buy some gloves as well; I didn't think of bringing any out. The weather has been great, the food has been great, the work goes great, and Mormon.org is the best website in the world! I am way excited for this coming week! Love y'all, Elder Casey Guy Dickson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Casey Guy Dickson

Casey Guy Dickson
Called to serve in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission (July 2011 to July 2013)