Monday, October 17, 2011

Living the good life in Georgia

Casey's living quarters in Georgia. It has a washer and dryer!
 
Hey, everyone!
The whole e-mail thing is nice and the blog is too since I haven't been writing in my journal like I should. I've never kept one till now; I was doing great in the MTC but a couple months out here and I've been forgetting to do it! I gotta get on that!
Go Cougs! Sounds like Riley is the guy this year!
The work is going great! We had a couple surprise appearances at sacrament meeting; one of the 18-year olds brought his girlfriend, an investigator brought her mom and best friend, and a recent convert brought a friend! How exciting! Also had a surprise visit from a guy who works at Wendy's that we gave a Mormon.org card to last week. He got online, liked what he saw, and found the address to our church and showed up at sacrament meeting! Awesome! He has agreed to meet with the other elders (he lives in their area), so we're excited! Struggling a little still with the mom of our goldens, but we are working with her every chance we get!
We always jump at chances to serve! We helped the relief society set up for their activity; they were so grateful they fed us! Sounds like a good deal lol! Really though, service is great, and it's all about serving our fellow man without reward!
Doing my own laundry isn't too bad; it's nice that we have a washer and dryer in the apartment! Since it's cooling down, I'm not going through multiple shirts a day now lol!
The dumb thing about last week was that I got a nail in my tire... 3 times! In the space of a week! Give me a break! And it was the back wheel each time; spent 25 bucks on new tires and tubes; ouch! Good thing that came from it is that now I'm pro at changing tires lol.
We did an exchange this week; Elder Sarniguet (Sar-knee-get) was with me while his and my companion were at leadership meetings two days in a row. Elder Sarniguet is the new spanish elder for our spanish branch; I was the senior companion! Ahhhhhh! He was born in Chile, moved to Alabama when he was 12, and is fluent in English and Spanish, and is teaching himself Portuguese! Pretty cool guy; he looks and sorta acts like Fezz on That 70's Show lol! We had an interesting experience; we went to all his spanish appointments (so I didn't understand anything lol) and then we got in an arguement with a Jehovah's Witness lady. We didn't start it, and we didn't argue or yell or anything, but we talked and shared and invited (like we are supposed to do) and she wouldn't accept anything from us since we believe Jesus Christ is Jehovah (which he is; read John 1:1-3 and 14, then read 1st John 5:7; Jesus Christ is the Word, and the Word is God.) It makes me sad, because even when we showed her in the Bible were we get that belief from she refuses to accept it. I have nothing whatsoever against Jehovah's Witnesses, or any other religion for that matter; but even when we help people understand the Bible and share the Book of Mormon with them, there are some that just won't even try to believe or at least pray about it (which the invitation we give to everyone). Oh well. The work will go on; if we are faithful and diligent, then the Lord will lead us to the elect by the Holy Spirit.
Anyway, we had a good learning experience together and I'm grateful for it.
Oh, also, we met this one guy who was really open to any religion or any idea and such (which is a change). He was wondering why people are so against the Book of Mormon, especially when they haven't even read it yet. Wow! I have been wondering the exact same thing! We shared an awesome first lesson, and we hope to see him again!
Oh, we also found this really awesome hole-in-the-wall wings place that has the best wings I have ever had! We are definitely going back and teaching the guy who owns the joint!
It has been a good week, and I'm looking forward to the next!
Transfers are on the 9th of November; I had it hinted at me by the zone leaders that I might be sent to another zone, and I might be training! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Oh well; it has to happen sometime. I will go where he wants me to go; it will be where the Lord needs me most. If he needs me to train, so be it. It'll be a good responsibility position for me to learn and grow. We'll see.
I've sent pictures of the apartment; it's pretty nice and clean. We could probably have two more missionaries stay comfortably with us. Elder Nielsen says it's the second nicest he has been in; when you have been out as long as he has (that phrase is a joke between us missionaries), you have seen all kinds of apartments.
The food here is pretty good; last night I had 4 cheese lasagna, and it was awesome! Still have some leftovers; the Bishop's wife is a fantastic cook! I have been eating almost too well; it's a good thing I am biking. I'm not losing weight anymore; I'm maintaining. I gotta get a better exercise routine going.
 I discovered something; that is what the mission, really our life here on earth is all about; love. I continually pray for the gift of charity as I come to love and teach these people. Christ is the reason. Amen.
P.S. Hey Devin, did your package come yet?! I sent it two and a half weeks ago, so it should be there by now. How's everything? Write me, please!
P.S. Hey Shelby and Mom; how's volleyball and such. Write me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Casey Guy Dickson

Casey Guy Dickson
Called to serve in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission (July 2011 to July 2013)