Monday, March 19, 2012

A service project bears fruit

Dear Brothers & Sisters:
 
I'm Linda Gruener, and I'm a member of the Kennesaw Ward, where your wonderful sons are our missionaries. I've only recently started going back to Church (my husband is a non-member), and your sons are part of the reason why. What wonderful young men. You can not only be proud of them, but you can also be proud of yourselves for raising them. My husband has never allowed missionaries to come in and visit before, but Elders Youd, Dickson and Bowers came to dinner last night and we spent a couple of hours on the back deck in some rather involved religious discussions. They were so quick with finding scriptures (Bible and Book of Mormon) and sharing them with us. My husband has promised that he will start reading the Book of Mormon, because they have made him so curious.
 
The Elders came back today and worked for about 5 hours in the backyard, raking pinestraw. You can't even begin to know how much we raked because we didn't bag it all. They never stopped and we had a great day and completed the job. I'm attaching a few pictures that I took. Some in fun with the bags, some of them sitting on part of their hard work. The "extra" young man in one of the pictures is my 11 year old grandson Austin.
 
Warm regards,
 
Sister Linda Gruener
 
Hard at work raking the yard.

I think the leaves go inside the bag, not the missionaries.

Exhausted from a hard day's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Casey Guy Dickson

Casey Guy Dickson
Called to serve in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission (July 2011 to July 2013)