Monday, December 19, 2011

Wait, what? Transferred again? It's true!

!Hola Familia!
Guess what? I'm getting transferred! And guess what? I'm getting transferred to Dawsonville! Guess what... again? Dawsonville is the area next to ours; if fact, Dahlonega and Dawsonville share the same building... and the same ward! So it's almost like I'm not getting transferred at all; I'm with Elder Asher now; Elder Harper is staying in Dahlonega as District Leader. He is also going to train for the first time! What fun! I'll miss some of the less-actives in Dahlonega, but if they would come to church (like we always invite them to do) I can still see them. I have worked around Elder Asher before, and I am excited to work with him. He and I are almost too alike; we like all the same things (sports, star wars, etc.) and have a similar sense of humor; don't worry though; I won't have us get along so well that we aren't getting any work done. It was kind of funny, actually; Elder Asher and I went on an exchange earlier in the past week. Seems like the Lord needs us to to work together here. There is more work to do here than in my last area; they have several people close to baptism, and I can't wait to teach them!
The people I'll miss most are the Alfaros, the Fenyos, and Brother Sandoz; I'll see Brother Sandoz at church, but the others are still working on making it to church; The Alfaros came to the Christmas Party, but still don't want to come to church, for some reason we have yet to discover (we are trying to be careful not to push them away). And the Fenyos always work Sunday. I hope Elder Harper keeps working on them.
Enough about me; how's Utah? Is the snow sticking? Sounds like y'all are having a good time, and that makes me happy.
Go Mom and Shelby! I wish you guys the best of luck in volleyball and basketball and everything else!
Go Cougars! Too bad hey didn't win, but it sounds like a good start. I hope they can get back to the playoffs without Jimmer.
I did get permission from the Mission President to skype on Saturday; I have found a member in Dawsonville who has skype. Elder Asher hooked me up with a family that has skype; what time would be best for y'all to get a call? I want you guys to be there when I do it lol.
I'm excited for the work in this area, and I'm excited to see and hear y'all! Have a fantastic Christmas season, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssseeeeeeee let me know the time so I can set it up. E-mail me as soon as possible; i have permission to check my e-mail everyday till Christmas to make sure we are on the same page.
The Dickson Family Rocks! Love y'all!
Elder Casey Guy Dickson
P.S. Devin and Shelby, be ready to tell me absolutely everything about what is going on. And Devin, SWTOR comes out tomorrow! I'll show you how to do the free first month thing, then you gotta get a job (it's 14.99 a month). Love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Casey Guy Dickson

Casey Guy Dickson
Called to serve in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission (July 2011 to July 2013)