Monday, January 21, 2013

Rolling, rolling, rolling ... keep those referrals rolling!

Elder Dickson, Elder Chugg and Elder Rogers
Hey, Everybody!
The area is picking up a little, we've gotten a lot of media referrals recently, so those will keep us busy for a while. My companion and I get along swimmingly, no problems yet, and I don't think there will be, I've liked all my companions; I've been pretty lucky I guess.
Sounds like the others are doing well; it's weird to here about them going to dances; was it weird when I started dating? It's definitely weird for me to here about Shelby being 16 and driving and dating...
Anyway, my week:
We did a lot of service this week; we moved this MONSTROUS fridge up this very narow staircase, it was scary, but we did it somehow! I still hurt from that! The cool part was, it was a less-active family we helped, and they came to church that Sunday; awesome! We also helped a member move some washers and dryers, which are monsters!
We have a done a ton of biking and tracting this week, trying to see the formers and potenials; nothing yet, but we made progress on some 9 year olds in the ward we need to baptize, and we have a lot of referrals to see, so things are on the up and up.
Went on exchange with Elder Sarniguet again; it was pretty good, we talked to a lot of people...
Spanish had a baptism Saturday; it was a lady who comes to our ward to learn English, but is Hispanic; either way, Elder Chugg got to baptize her (he served in this area last year, so he has taught Anna for a long time; it's come full circle), and Elder Tarver confirmed on Sunday. There was a lot of people there; almost 70 adults, not to mention the kids!
Got a letter from Collin this past week; sounds like he is doing good!
That's about it this week; more to come, I'm sure!
It's always a tricky thing when trying to get investigators to church; sometimes you need to push, and sometimes pushing doesn't help. It reminds me of Moroni 9:4 that says, "Behold, I am laboring with them continually; and when I speak the word of God with sharpness they tremble and anger against me; and when I use no sharpness they harden their hearts against it; wherefore, I fear lest the Spirit of the Lord hath ceased striving with them." 
You know I have always been a bit more timid about confronting people or asserting my opinion; I still may be, but i feel a lot more confident about calling people out, when the spirit prompts me too, of course. While we need to be loving and kind, the most loving thing someone could say to me is "You gotta shape up or you're not gonna make it!" 
They may be grumpy with the missionaries now, but how much grumpier they would be if we didn't try hard enough to help, and when we all met up in the next life; awkward. We need to love them into changing for the better; most times, people don't wanna hear that they are doing wrong.
Anyway, not a long letter today; know that I love ya and miss ya! Take luck!
 
Love, Elder Casey Guy Dickson
Elder Grant and Elder Dickson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Casey Guy Dickson

Casey Guy Dickson
Called to serve in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission (July 2011 to July 2013)